Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mood Rings - Relient K

Song Name: Mood Rings
Artist: Relient K
Album: Two Lefts Don't Make a Right... But Three Do

Ahh... Relient K. Pop turned Christian turned slightly mainstream. I hate their newest songs, but anything by them before 2008 is great. Mood Rings was released 2003. Apparently this song talks about the artists' troubles with girls with mood swings, hence the lines "Let's get emotional girls to all wear mood rings. So we'll be tipped off to when they're ticked off, cause we'll know just what they're thinking." And while not in the chorus, the singer explains his reasoning for his ingenious plan. Relient K songs are usually very deep, with maybe the slight exception of this one and a handful of others. In fact, I like to think that their album MMHMM defines my life. Maybe I'll do another Relient K songs soon. They do take up about almost 10% of my music library.

No comments:

Post a Comment